Eating Healthy On A Budget
If you have issues eating healthy foods due to food prices, you will find these tips to be exactly what you need to eat healthy on a budget.
1. Eliminate Junk FoodDoing your Grocery shopping on your own is the safest way to shop, as kids and sometimes mates are usually the ones who like to eat junk food. Shopping by yourself will prevent this, and ensures that you buy only the foods you want and need.
2. Drink Water or Milk instead of Soft DrinksYou can still have your favorite drinks at a gathering or night out, but you should stick with the smallest size when shopping to save money and reduce calories intake. Children and most adults need milk or diary products on a daily basis. Milk will also help you get strong and provides calcium for healthy bones and teeth.
3. Buy Fruits in BulkWhen it is their season, buy fruits in large quantities and freeze the extras. You can buy several pounds this way, and freeze the extras to have them when the fruit goes out of season and become really expensive. Wash the fruit thouroughly, remove any damaged pieces, dry well, then freeze in plastic zipper bags.
4. Meats and BeansMeats and beans are great sources of protein.Lean meat is more expensive than meats with a lot of fat. Canned beans are a good deal as well, as they give you protein at a great price.
5. Beans as a substituteYou need to use beans as a substitute for meat frequently. There are several varieties of beans, you can prepare them in a crock pot, so when you return home they are ready to consume.
It is recommended to eat varying beans at least 4 times per week. If you experience faltulance when eating beans you should try washing them, covering beans with water, bringing the water to a boil, then draining it off and refilling the pot.
6. Make Fish Part Of Your Diet If you live in a coastal area or an area where fish are around, make them an integral part of your diet. You can go fishing and catch them from the lakes or rivers, saving money while enjoying your time if you like it.
7. Peanut Butter is Great for Persons on a Budgetas it's popular with almost everthing. You can use peanut butter for sandwiches instead of eating hotdogs. It does need to be refrigerated, although bigger jars can last for weeks.
8. Fill up with foods of high water content. Watermelon, salads, and even sugar free gelatin are all great examples.
Eating healthy is always something you can't go wrong with. You can eat healthy for just a few bucks, which makes it perfect for those on a budget. Now, you don't need a ton of money to have the lifestyle and health you've always wanted.